Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I feel like a stone- a monologue

I feel like a stone, in the path is love
Lovers go by, and some stumble above

I sit there laughing, seeing them fall down
And think of myself as a king without a crown

I’m there from dawn till dusk
I do whatever a stone must

I lay there waiting for a lover to stumble
And his love, destroyed and crumbled

If you think of blaming me
You should also blame the tree

Under which you felt the cool shade
Met your lover, and hearts’ you trade

And you think you are the only one forsaken
What about people who weren’t even taken

Taken by love, to show them the colors
To move them around and make them discover

The happiness hidden in the sense of belonging
The pain that comes around like a ring

So why not feel happy that you found someone
And cherish the love and the fun

That you gathered on your way to me
And thanked God for the satisfying glee

Now that you have stumbled you curse me
And forgotten how love made you feel free

I am a stone, I will still be around
For other lover to pass by and some left aground

Though I am a stone I will give you an advice
Fallen you maybe, but you should never stop to thrive

For you find love on every corner of this way
Also an angel, a devil and a mourner par se

You can choose to move on, or become a stone
And keep telling lovers of what not to mourn

7 comments:

The friendly lion said...

its beautiful and one of those things which are happy and sad simultaneously. i cant decide which it is right now...

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Oh God this is just the most beautiful thing I have read in a very long time. I am your biggest fan, remember that.

Destitute Rebel said...

@TFL, isn't it nice when you cant tell when something is happy or sad.

@Shaira, unworthy praise from a true poet. I am honored as always. haven't seen anything from you in a long time, looking forward to it. Thanks for your kind words.

gg said...

Nice! Blame the tree, huh? I will have to remember that when I stumble ... ;)

Destitute Rebel said...

Welcome to my blog goodie girl, Lets hope you don't stumble cause then you wouldnt be blaming the tree, you'd probably be blaming the poor stone.

EXSENO said...

Oh, what a lovely poem. Beautifully said.

Destitute Rebel said...

Thanks exseno.